Friday, June 10, 2011

Democracy is Overrated

(Update: This did come from a public speech. The laughter/applause is real, though of course undeserved. It is on YouTube; just click on bottom right of the embedded image, or use this link...

I had no role in making the video, which is nearly 3 years old. It was created by Libertyfizz from a speech I gave permission to use. Libertyfizz may or may not choose to identify him/herself; that's not for me to decide. But whatever claim or credit you want to give, it is Libertyfizz's, not mine. If you are interested in the text of the speech...this is pretty close.)



Some little stories... I was hoping to be funny, but I still want to be serious.

Tocqueville rocks, by the way.

9 comments:

John D. said...

Inspirational, as only truth can be. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Is there a youtube video ?? I cant watch it on my BB .. :(

Bruce C. from CHOPE said...

Where did the applause come from? Was this a presentation done before a live audience? Or was it canned and added later? Anyway, Mike, nice presentation.

Ten Mile Island said...

Good stuff!
.

Angry Alex said...

That brings back memories. Your keynote address was the tipping point that precipated my libertarian conversion.

It's all his fault I'm a libertarian.

Anonymous said...

Great video. Any way to adjust the sound levels at the very beginning and the very end?

Vince said...

Hey Now! Excellent work sir!

Tom said...

Congarts, Mike. It was both funny and serious.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Is this written up in another form in any of your other work?

Scott