1. This Bitcoin thing....what IS it?
2. "Orange Man Killed in Domestic Dispute." At first I thought that must mean that Melania had had and put ol' Pumpkin Spice in that great spice rack in the sky. But no; they mean Orange County, FL. Still: Florida!
3. On the other hand: Ohio! An orange bucket head.
4. Dracula was a blood sucker. But because he was a ruler, not because he was a vampire.
5. Defending diversity visas....
6. Oh, man. They've apparently recruited the duplicitous ghost of Robert MacNamara to write the SIGAR reports now.
7. My review-extension of Brennan-Jaworski book, and here's the book.
8. A cute Twitter account. I have often thought of doing this. Glad someone is doing it so I can enjoy it.
9. Actually, Tucker Carlson, I can think of several. Being force to "immigrate" as slaves should be pretty high on the list.
10. This is not some Fox News bimbette. This was written by Donna Brazile. Good God.
11. The counterrevolution of conscience at Reedatopia.
12. I am a dues-paying, card-carrying member of the ACLU. I don't agree with everything they do. But overall they are a force for good. As here.
13. Why do we say "soccer" in the U.S.? Because the Brits did a bait and switch on us!
14. To paraphrase Mr. Bumble, the HMRC is an ass.
15. If you don't know Mr. Bumble, it's from Oliver Twist: “It was all Mrs. Bumble. She would do it," urged Mr. Bumble; first looking round, to ascertain that his partner had left the room.
"That is no excuse," returned Mr. Brownlow. "You were present on the occasion of the destruction of these trinkets, and, indeed, are the more guilty of the two, in the eye of the law; for the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction."
"If the law supposes that," said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, "the law is a ass — a idiot. If that's the eye of the law, the law is a bachelor; and the worst I wish the law is, that his eye may be opened by experience — by experience.”
16. We are on the verge of an American version of the Cultural Revolution.
17. The power of socialism: It can take a wealthy, developed country and bankrupt it in just ten years. Viva Madurismo!
18. To be fair, Americans don't know much about communism/socialism. It's not inevitable that communism disappears.
19. Our favorite headlines! Man Shoots Self in Penis While Trying to Rob Hot Dog Stand....
20. Podcast with David Mayhew: "Can Congress Govern?"
21. Our favorite headlines. Florida Woman!
22. A serious incident of WTF? Someone went to some trouble to film this. Whatever that "one store" is, Ima not be stopping there.
23: The (questionable) economics of foreign aid.
Lagniappe: Who knew that there was even a record to break? But now there is. The LMM and I were way out in front of the curve, as always: