1. This x-ray is not the kind that you would use at the doctor. It's much more powerful. But this lady didn't want to be separated from her handbag.
2. You know that thing where a cat is asleep, or just sitting, and then apparently gets a message from the space-alien-cat mother ship: "YOU ARE IN THE WRONG ROOM! RUN!" Well, that seems to have happened to this guy, in the Newark airport. When a cat does it, people say "How cute!" That's not how it work out for our human.
3. On not apologising....(note UK spelling)
4. Why the poor don't vote to soak the rich.
5. For the people upset about the sheriff's deputies who may have stayed outside of Parkland: First, it could have been a hostage situation. It's hard to get info. Police are not obliged to commit suicide, pistol against AR-15. Second, and more importantly, police have no legal obligation to protect. Warren vs. DC, 1981 settled that. You might want to read this.
7. Meatball thief caught red-handed.
8. The Times fired her doppelganger.
9. Harvard is a really terrible place. Unless you are one of the Dons, you are just hired help. Or worse. Which is news to pretty much no one.
10. Don't touch the snow.
11. A few years ago I wrote this for the Chronicle of Higher Ed. Recently Ed Lopez adds this about EconTalk. And he's quite right. Very useful.
13. Zoning. And von Thunen. By and large, zoning is a bad thing. Not always. But usually.
14. Clarence Thomas may be wrong. But if he is, the Court needs to say so. Say SOMETHING.
15. Boy...well, see for yourself what the boy did. WHY do boys do things like this? Why did that seem like a good idea?
16. Tommy Pham's career-saving eye surgery.
17. Ecology of parasites is VERY cool. And so is Kelly Wienersmith.
18. She relentlessly pursued him. Are adult women such mental and moral infants that they can't be held responsible for ANYTHING? Harvey Weinstein is not the same as Bill Clinton, at least regarding l'affaire Lewinsky.
19. Owner: "Who's a good boy? WHO's a good BOY?" Dog: "I'm sorry. No one is a good boy. We are all tainted by original sin. Some of us are good by grace, but only the elect. Many dogs are called, but few come running."
21. Dashboard Confessional and Taylor Swift and other things.
22. Change definition of "adolescent" to 24 and under? Angus and I are nearly 60. I think that's a better bet....
Grand Lagniappe: Scott Lincicome's own conception of how he looked, before Trump's "tariff twitter" barrage, and after.