1. Trumpy Bear. Don't miss the video.
2. Or maybe Trump makes you sad. If so, there are always... Garbage Pantz! Those make everyone sad.
3. If you want to excel, you can't use Excel.
4. It's important to understand the Nazi next door. Or, is it? The embarrassing thing is that "postcards from flyover country" is being done with such breathless naivete. Or is it?
5. Save the internet, and keep it safe for one, or another, set of powerful interest groups.
6. This is hilarious in many ways. On this blog, Brendan Nyhan as been identified as being so nice that he has his own label, "Stuff you won't find at BrendanNyhan.com." I have, in fact, called him "painfully earnest." And yet David Frum (another famously earnest guy) blocked him. Excellent.
7. Why tell fibs that can be so obviously called out? Have we all just given up?
8. This story seems silly. The actual story is a bit more nuanced. The "story" of math does emphasize the achievements of white Western thinkers. That may be entirely accurate, but it also may not be. It is true that work of the high Islamic scholars is not often credited. Still, to the extent that the prof's message can even be MISinterpreted as "don't learn math, it's white" there is a problem. I don't think she said that, exactly, but that is what is coming across.
9. Nice piece by KPC friend SR, on the Indian judiciary. The less you use discretion, the more you have.
10. Michael Munger (not me) put this up. It is a pretty good commercial, in terms of weirdness.
11. So proud of Florida. If you are in the position of having to deny fake-humping a female mannequin with an ice-penis, you may already have lost.
12. Invoking a right or committing a crime?
13. Garrison Keillor is scornful of the idea that men should be held responsible for sexual harrassment. And now we know why.
14. Cows and chickens have beef.
15. Will the music "business" find a new model? It would be ironic if the digital revolution moves the business model back to live performances in excludable settings, where ticket sales are the only way to get paid.
16. Bitcoin 10k.
17. On Venditio...
18. Drunk as a ....possum?
19. Art Carden and sharing.
20. The great baby bust of 2017.
21. On Gordon Tullock.
The Grand Lagniappe: