Saturday, December 04, 2004

Treebeard

I get emails asking why I am so inconsistent in my political views.

Well...at the risk of sounding like John Kerry, I haven't been inconsistent. It is just that I don't agree much with anybody. (Okay, John Kerry was different. He was trying to AGREE with anyone. Any idiot can do that, and most do).

Here is the problem, as I see it, boiled down to two propositions:
1. There are no self-evident truths.
2. Even #1 is not self-evident. You don't understand it until you think about it a long time.

Since people in politics all seem to deny #1 constantly, I try to critique all of them.

...Or, you could say it like Treebeard did: "I am on nobody's side for nobody is on my side."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually pretty sure that the quote is:

"I am not altogether on anyone's side,
because no one is altogether on my side."

Steve Austin said...

Nice blog. Please check out my debt solution blog. It is all about debt solution.