Was it Will Rogers who said, "I never metablog I didn't like"?*
This is a metablog, a listing of blogs that are covering the Republican Convention. Quite a week. George Bush is going to have to run a bit more like a challenger, at least for a while.
At least his opponent, the already self-inaugurated King John I, is making it easy by refusing to take any campaign positions or talk about anything except his war record, which encompassed only a few months and ended more than 30 years ago. Has Kerry done anything since?
- WNYC--Convention City's Hometown NPR Station
- MASS Live
- CyberJournalist Blog List (Lots of info, and different perspectives)
- Catherine Shu's Blog List (Different "mainstream" blogs, and an interesting article on their impact)
- CLOGs: Convention Weblog
- Convention overview: Green Papers
Of course, you could also go straight to the major media web pages. But why would you do that?
- Main Convention Web Site
- Bush's own blog (maybe he'll get a salad dressing next?) . Well, they used his name, anyway. I doubt he posts stuff to it, himself. He's not that big a reader.
- List of Pro-Bush blogs
- Kicking Ass: Democratic Blog
- Talk Left: Fuzzy, angry people wearing pink glasses
- The New Republic Convention Blog
- Gadflyer: General "Progressive" Blog, but with Rep Nat Conv posts. Some of my favorite people, though of course their political views are quite wrong.
I'll add to these when I can. Have fun! This may well be the silliest week of politics you'll see for a long time. Anytime you have Republicans and a microphone, there is a chance for excellent comedy.
*No, he said "I never met a man I didn't like."