Thursday, May 26, 2005

Maybe if you had ever had an actual job...

My lord.

I have just gotten several emails from people outraged that I tried to steal money.

Of course, that means that they have never actually worked for a living in a retail job. Enjoy your trust funds, you bunch of spoiled rich kids.

Look: I gave the kid at Starbucks $5 for a $2.37 bill. He owed me $2.63.

But he rang it up as if I gave him $10.

Now, all he had to do was laugh and assume that the $5 was what I gave him (which I did), give me the $2.63 change, and the register was right.

Instead, he took another $5 from me, and THEN HAD TO GIVE IT RIGHT BACK.

Suppose he had made a mistake, and had rung up $1,000. Then, the register would read change of $997.63. Would I need to run find a $1k bill to save his job? Of course not. All he needed to do was give me change for the five, which is what I actually gave him. If you ever had had a job where you dealt with public, instead of just looking at your limo window at the po' folks, you would realize that all that mattered was that the cash in the register increased by the purchase price of $2.37. The payment/change thing is irrelevant.

Lordy pie. You might want to at least pretend you have had some contact with reality before you started whatever little rich kid isolation chamber you live in now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"look: I gave the kid at Starbucks $5 for a $2.37 bill. He owed me $2.63.

But he rang it up as if I gave him $10.

Now, all he had to do was laugh and assume that the $5 was what I gave him (which I did), give me the $2.63 change, and the register was right.

Instead, he took another $5 from me, and THEN HAD TO GIVE IT RIGHT BACK."

SmackDown! It appears that you are practicing new age federal reserve math and demanding something you didn't have to start with. If you had demanded the other 5 bucks, you would been appointed the new chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2006. I was at Duke Medical the other day to take care of my belove in a serious operation and decided to hit the local downstairs cafe for some bacon and eggs during the long wait on the results of the operation. I went though the line and loaded with grits and eggs and than to the check out counter. I was shocked when the grits came to 8 bucks and some change and the check out sister rang up 20 bucks on the cash machine as total receive after giving her 10 bucks FR note. She gave me back 11 bucks and some change back. Being a person of honesty, I told her of the mistake in the exchange and handed the bills back. She simply said, "I know my job and don't tell me that I made a mistake because the computer is always right... Move on brother, the line is backing up" I found out that the Cafe is subcontracted out from Duke U medical and is own by the same Starbucks Mega food service corporation. Is it possible that they are using the same accountant that Enron used?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a version of Social Credit:

http://www.douglassocialcredit.com/html/social_credit.html

TtwbXC

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a version of Social Credit:

http://www.douglassocialcredit.com/html/social_credit.html

< Naw! Not interest in another NWO Global hustle scam like the Punic Wars of the past where one Roman corporation owns and controls the whole market. You do understand they were the first Green party State diversity unculturaly eviromental friendly fascist corporation by salting Cathage away forever from free markets. Surely, you know that Barbarians are always the last to accept a free market civilzation with gold coins>