Weekend Sports Roundup
1. Interesting Profile of Serena Williams, aptly titled "Dangerous when Interested". Sadly after winning the Australian and making a run at Wimbledon, Serena is on the default train yet again.
2. Pitcher Brandon Webb of the Arizona Diamondbacks is up to 42 consecutive scoreless innings, but still needs two more complete game shutouts to catch Orel Hirsheiser.
3. Maybe they mean he can shoot the two OR the three?? The AP says, "Versatile Carmelo Anthony emerges as star for the U.S." God help us. Old "stop snitchin' ", sucker punching 'Melo can shoot, that is for sure, but versatile?? The only evidence given is that he averaged 3.7 rebounds a game in last years world championships, which is fairly underwhelming.
4. Marco Materazzi finally reveals what he said to made Zinidine Zidane go medieval and lose the world cup for France
5. Finally and sadly, is there a bigger scumbag on the planet than Michael Vick?