Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another "Reason" not to vote Libertarian

From Reason magazine online that is, a story showing the LP's VP choice to be a complete ass.

An excerpt (note that Wayne Allyn Root is the LP VP candidate):

Matt Welch: So tell us what we should know about Barack Obama that we don't?

Wayne Allyn Root: I think the most dangerous thing you should know about Barack Obama is that I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever!

Welch: Yeah, but you were like selling, you know, Amway in college or something, weren't you?

Root: Is that what you think of me! And the best damned Amway salesman ever!

Welch: No, I'm sure that you were an outgoing young man, I'm just guessing.

Root: I am! That's my point. Where was Obama? He wasn't an outgoing young man, no one ever heard of him.

Tim Cavanaugh: Maybe he was a late bloomer.

Root: Maybe. Or maybe he was involved in some sort of black radical politics.

Welch: Ooooooooooh.

Root: Maybe he was too busy smoking pot in his dorm room to ever show up for class. I don't know what he was doing!

Welch: Wait, you weren't smoking pot in your dorm room?

Root: No, I wasn't. I wasn't. But I don't hold that against anybody, but I wasn't.... Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding.

Welch: Were you the exact same class?

Root: Class of '83 political science, pre-law Columbia University. You don't get more exact than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, 20th reunion, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! Who was he, and five years ago, nobody even knew who he was.

Holy Crap people, read the whole thing because it gets weirder and uglier from here. It's a shame, especially in this election where the major party choices are big government or big government that the LP is running such a weak ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see:

"Communist" shibboleth? Check.

Intimations of deceit? Check.

Questioning BO's intelligence? Check.

OJ Simpson reference? Check.

And this gem:

"And so my answer is, has America really been unfair to minorities? No it hasn't. It was unfair to me."

(shudders)

Note to libertardians: Keep your veepster away from the Captain Morgan's.

Anonymous said...

Harvard is a private institution. If they decide to stop admitting white folks completely, that's literally their business. But, if Harvard was forced by legislation to reverse descriminate, Root might have a case.