Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brown paper packages tied up in string

Here is a list of my current favorite songs. They are not all new, but they all are currently in heavy rotation at Chez Angus and give me goose bumps and command my full attention when I hear them.


1. "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver. The best song on an amazingly good album

2. "Paper Lace" by Swan Lake. This is an excellent Spencer Krug song. 'nuff said.

3. "Girl on the Wing" by the Shins. They are still good, but that first album was just magic.

4. "Sycamore" by Bill Callahan. This song has haunted me over well over a year now.

5. "Little Bit" by Lykke Li. She is the bomb. I could have put "I'm good, I'm gone" here too.

6 comments:

Steve_0 said...

I have absolutely no idea who any of those people are.

Angus said...

Dude! I am genuinely sorry to hear that. I put links to each song in the post now.

Steve_0 said...

All of those links say "Blogger: page not found. Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Kids Prefer Cheese does not exist."

Anonymous said...

yeah...we have these new things called search engines. You may look into it.

Steve_0 said...

Ah... the internet anonymous snarky comment.

sb said...

NOOOOO... You got it all wrong, you surely meant "Dance, Dance, Dance", try the Starters Remix on repeat!