Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hoop Dreams

I am an NBA fan from way back. From Walt Bellamy and Cazzie Russell and Bob Lanier. I love basketball and the NBA allstar weekend, especially the dunk contest. And I have always thought that Vince Carter (as much as I disrespect his overall game) gave the greatest dunk contest performance ever back in 2000. You can see that show here (the last dunk is the best).

Then I watched the 2008 contest (not live last night but this morning courtesy of TIVO) and WOW!! I now say Dwight Howard's performance was the greatest dunk contest performance ever. All the dunks were mindbogglingly hard, creative, and executed with real style. His Superman throw-down (be sure to watch long enough to see the slo-mo replays) was to my mind the best of his three.

Vince still has the best dunk ever done in a game though, you can see it here.

3 comments:

Dirty Davey said...

Though I have to say the unis for the all-star game proper are freakin' HIDEOUS! That game is bad on the eyes.

Anonymous said...

1985, Michael Jordan, Free Throw Line, One Handed Double Pump

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UPO3xEqr5Y8

Angus said...

Unis, yes beyond hideous. MJ, yes pretty good dunk.