Monday, December 15, 2008

The wit & wisdom of our worst president

  • "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" January 11, 2000
  • "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." Jan. 27, 2000
  • "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." Sept. 29, 2000
  • "They misunderestimated me." November 6, 2000
  • "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." Oct. 18, 2000
  • "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." June 18, 2002
  • "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Aug. 5, 2004
  • "The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear--I'm a commander guy." May 2, 2007
  • "There's an old saying in Tennessee--I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me--you can't get fooled again." September 17, 2002
  • "I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." Sept. 20, 2007
  • "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." July 10, 2008.His parting words to fellow G-8 leaders at a summit meeting.
  • "And they have no disregard for human life." July 15, 2008, speaking about Afghan fighters.
From Gene Stone's "The 12 Step Bush Recovery Program"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

John Thacker said...

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." Sept. 20, 2007

What exactly is wrong with this sentence, from a syntactical perspective? Is the idea of metaphor too difficult?