Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy Day Vienna

Fortunately, even on rainy days, there are one or two things to do in Vienna.

We visited the Cafe Central; beautiful. (Not me, the Cafe Central).

Spent a lot of time, and yet not nearly enough time, at art museums. GameBill and I posed with Franz Josef (Berin....worship us, now)

We walked outside a bit, but it was rough. It was 12 degrees C, windy, and torrents of rain. We did visit the graveyard of dead umbrellas, turned inside out by the wind. And, as this picture was taken, otherwise gentle Claire was saying, "If you take my picture, I am GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!" Turns out women don't like to have their pictures taken outside on rainy, windy days. Who knew?

Then, walked over by the University of Vienna (founded 1365). Really, really impressive. Lots of luminary busts. My two favorites were the two Karls, Popper....

And of course Carl Menger. I subjectively think he and I are marginally related.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Et tu, Bill English?