Sunday, July 28, 2013

A member of the Freude family: Meet my friend Schaden


The American Academy of Arts and Sciences is big on pushing this pet project: “the Alternative Energy Future."  It's certainly true that it's easier to imagine different energy sources when you aren't bound by physics or chemistry.

Amusingly, it turns out that the longtime director has been big on pushing her own pet project, "the Alternative Resume Past."   It's certainly true that it's easier to make up degrees and accomplishments instead of actually graduating or accomplishing.

A nod to WH.

2 comments:

J Scheppers said...

In general, while I do not attribute good motives to politicians, they have market forces that make them do somewhat reasonable things.

Well this morning I woke up and was watching CSPAN to help me fall back to sleep, when I saw this demonstration of local interests lead by the rural Republicans. I saw zero, zip, nil discussion of if biofuels were effective, only discussion of process of determining the arbitrary goal. Green washing has roots and will not go away quietly.


House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing on Biofuels

Michael Munger said...

An excellent point, JS. The Repubs do just as much Greenwashing, and it usually has two more zeroes at the end. I beg pardon for making a partisan point. You are right, the Repubs may be worse.