The Sooners have pushed past Texas in the BCS standings with their 61-41 victory over OSU in Stillwater. This breaks the 3 way tie for first in the Big XII South and puts OU into the Big XII title game against Missouri.
If the Sooners win, they'll likely be in the national championship game against the winner of the SEC title game, which features #1 Alabama vs. #4 Floriday.
People, Texas beat OU and Texas Tech beat Texas. Here's how OU got the nod:
Big 12: Oklahoma (fifth tiebreaker)
1. The records of three teams will be compared against each other (all are 1-1)
2. The records of three teams will be compared within their division (all are 4-1)
3. The records of three teams will be compared to next highest placed teams in their division (all beat Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas A&M)
4. The records of three teams against common opponents (all beat Kansas, only common North opponent)
5. Team with top BCS ranking (No. 2 Oklahoma, No. 3 Texas, No. 7 Texas Tech)
Is anyone up for a Borda count or something?