Universal Grade Change Form
I think my grade in your course,_________________, should be changed from___to___for the following reasons:
- ____The persons who copied my paper made a higher grade than I did.
- ____The person whose paper I copied made a higher grade than I did.
- ____This course will lower my GPA and I won't get into:
__Med School __Dental School __Chiropractic School
__Acupuncture school __Grad School __Mickey Mouse Club
- ____I have to get an A in this course to balance the F in ___________.
- ____I'll lose my scholarship.
- ____I'm on a varsity sports team and my coach couldn't find a copy of your exam.
- ____I didn't come to class and the person whose notes I used did not cover the material asked for on the exam.
- ____I studied the basic principles but the exam wanted every little fact.
- ____I studied the facts and definitions but the exam asked about general principles.
- ____I understood the material; I just couldn't do the problems.
- ____I can work the problems, but your exam expected understanding.
- ____You are prejudiced against:
__Males __Females __Protestants __Chicanos
__Jews __Catholics __Muslims __People
__Blacks __Whites __Minorities __Jocks
__Students __Young people __Old people
- ____If I flunk out of school my father will disinherit me or at least cut my allowance.
- ____I was unable to do well in this course because of the following:
__mono __acute alcoholism __drug addiction
__VD __broken finger __pregnancy __fatherhood
__I have allergic reaction to brain work __I am intellectually challenged.
- ____You told us to be creative but you didn't tell us exactly how you wanted that done.
- ____I was creative and you said I was just shooting the bull.
- ____The lectures were:
- __too detailed to pick out important points
- __not explained in sufficient detail
- __too boring
- __all jokes and no material
- __too serious--not enough entertainment to keep me awake.
- ____All my other profs have agreed to raise my grades.
- ____I don't have a reason; I just want a higher grade.
- ____This course was:
- __too early, I was not awake.
- __too late, I was tired.
- __at lunchtime, I was hungry.
- ____My (dog, cat, gerbil) (ate, wet on, threw up on) my (book, notes, term paper) for this course.
From Donald Simanek, hat tip to John Palmer.