So, I thought I was such a clever fellow.
Scheduling my "procedure" for Inauguration Day.
I should note, at the outset, that it has not snowed more than a piffle in Raleigh in the last three years.
Anyway, this snow (we have gotten 5" in my neighborhood since 3 am) was not predicted.
So...well, let me put it this way.
1. The drugs and compounds that are believed by physicians to be laxatives....They ARE, in fact, very effective.
2. I spent all of yesterday, shall we say, "preparing" myself for the colonoscopy. The goal being to make it possible to view the colon without anything, NOTHING AT ALL, in the way. That's how I know the truth of #1, above.
3. At 3 am today, it started snowing like crazy.
4. At 7 am, I called and cancelled the procedure, because there is no way I would have been able to leave the neighborhood. And if I had left, really really really no way I could have gotten back, since it snowed another 2.5" in the period 7 am -- noon.
5. So, I will have to go through the colonoscopy prep AGAIN, when the now rescheduled procedure comes around again the on the guitar.*
My wife claims this is bad karma. I should never have scheduled the procedure on inauguration day.
The nurses at the clinic, when they found out I had gone through the prep (see #1, above), were not really able to contain the hilarity that seized them. Ha, ha, indeed.
(*Yes, Arlo Guthrie alert)