Monday, February 01, 2010

Roaring Lion was wrong?

One of the many things I have learned from Tyler is an appreciation of calypso music from Trinidad especially the founding fathers, Roaring Lion and Attila the Hun.

One piece of advice the Lion gave me was:

"If you want to be happy and live a king's life, never make a pretty woman your wife

All you've got to do is just what I say, and you'll be always happy and gay

From a logical point of view, always marry a woman uglier than you."

Now in my case, following this advice was problematic, well, because, there just aren't that many women out there uglier than me! So I had to turn my back on the Lion and go in a different direction.

Now Science has spoken and it turns out I was right and the Lion was wrong:

 "the relative difference between partners' levels of attractiveness appeared to be most important in predicting marital behavior, such that both spouses behaved more positively in relationships in which wives were more attractive than their husbands, but they behaved more negatively in relationships in which husbands were more attractive than their wives."

Maybe now it's a little clearer why Mrs. Angus deigned to marry me.


2 comments:

John Thacker said...

Also consider the happiness of Mr. John Edwards and his wife Elizabeth. He's clearly more handsome than she.

Anonymous said...

Bill and Hillary too. He's much better looking. Especially if you look at HER earlier pictures.