Thursday, May 19, 2011

Some things never change

Lars Von Trier:

"What can I say? I understand Hitler, but I think he did some wrong things, yes, absolutely. But I can see him sitting in his bunker in the end," von Trier said. "He's not what you would call a good guy, but I understand much about him, and I sympathize with him a little bit. But come on, I'm not for the Second World War, and I'm not against Jews. ...

"I am very much for Jews. No, not too much, because Israel is a pain in the ass."

Von Trier went on to say he also admired Hitler aide Albert Speer.


Lars now says he was "joking".

2 comments:

Max said...

Let's just say that he talks what most politicians are only thinking...

b said...

Seems he touched the third rail of the Third Reich in a very stupid way. Barroom argumentation at the wrong place and time.