Friday, March 30, 2012

Kansas City Que-Off

I'm relaxing in the concierge lounge of the KC Intercontinental hotel getting ready for the econ blogger conference sessions tomorrow (Friday) at the Kauffman Foundation. Some of the sessions will be live streamed at growthology.org, and I'm really looking forward to it.

But on to more important things. I've eaten barbeque extensively in Lexington NC (with LeBron) and once in Lockhart TX (with Mrs. Angus) and now in the third 'que capital of America, Kansas City.

The Kauffman dinner was co-catered by Oklahoma Joe's and Jack Stack.

People you know I'm going to pick a winner here.

I'd have to say the single best item was the Oklahoma Joe's pork ribs. They were amazing! I'm not sure if they weren't better than the beef in Lockhart (I'll need to do more research). The second best item of the dinner was the beef burnt ends from Jack Stack. So I'd say Joe's for pork and Jack's for beef.

I ate two huge plates of nothin' but meat and can't thank the folks at Kauffman enough for such an enjoyable dinner.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post .. It sounds good

Black Leather Bomber Jacket

Unknown said...

its a nice experience to reading that kind of informative blog. You have great blogging skills

Fight Club Style Jacket