Tuesday, April 09, 2013

German Thieves Swipe Five Tons of Nutella


Police said Monday an unknown number of culprits made off with 5 metric tons (5.5 tons) of Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread from a parked trailer in the central German town of Bad Hersfeld over the weekend.

The gooey loot is worth an estimated 16,000 euros ($20,710). Germans news agency dpa reported that thieves have previously stolen a load of energy drinks from the same location.

ATSRTWT

Of course, Nutella theft has been going on on this side of the pond, also.  At Columbia University, for example.  

All right, KPC readers, 'fess up!  What food have you lifted, taken, or outright stolen?  Nutella?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once stole 42,000 pounds of Muenster cheese...

Angus said...

I'm Mike Munger and I once stole a student election.

Anonymous said...

When I was in 7th grade we took a class trip to Chicago. We stayed in a hotel on the boardwalk right next to the Playboy offices--very pricey. Me and my friend/roommate went to the gift shop to buy some candy etc. and everything was outrageously priced. He shoved a bunch of beef jerky in his pants and handed me some. I said I'm not taking this and said there is a camera right there and pointed up at the camera. He walked out with beef jerky and I left empty handed and we didn't get caught.

A few months later, my friend was in the hospital watching TV and my other friend was at home watching TV. Not just any TV, but "Real TV" with John Daley if you can remember back that far. They showed the security footage of my friend stealing beef jerky and me pointing at the camera. John Daly looked sternly into the camera and said "A liking for beef jerky."

I've never stolen anything from a store in my life, but I was an accomplice only once and ended up on national television...

-Jeremy B

Anonymous said...

I am Kevin Grier, and I know that Munger stole this election, because I personally stuffed the ballot box. So Munger must have stolen the election, because I cast at least 200 votes in an electorate of 25! But these votes were apparently not counted!

Jeff said...

I got detention one time in high school for swiping cookies from the refreshments table at a debate team meet. They held the fact that I was merely hungry and not a hungry member of the debate team against me. Heartless bastards.