Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where the magic happens

Spring semester starts today. For some reason I thought I'd show y'all my office. Mrs. Angus and I put $0.49 per square foot laminate floating flooring down over the ancient and foul carpeting in our building, and I built my own set of office furniture last year in our garage. Here it is (click on pics to enlarge):


 
Here's a close up of the desk:




Oh, yeah, I made a matching bookshelf too:




Now I gotta get my butt in that chair and do 5 referee reports, finish 4 papers, teach two grad classes and direct 3 dissertations!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

v. impressive, but where do students sit? or is that part of the design?

Angus said...

Good question! there is a reasonably comfy guest chair in there, it just didn't make the pictures. For more than one guest, there is a conference room 3 doors down.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're telling me that's Hester Hall? It actually looks livable! Props to you sir.

Angus said...

Well it's my little corner of Hester Hall. I can't vouch for the rest (though we fixed Mrs. Angus's office up too).

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like it could be a grad student's apartment. An undergrad would still have the cinder block shelving...

Seriously though, those look good. And I see the universal law of office renovation lives on-- if you don't live in the admin building, you gotta do it yourself.