Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mungowitz in Deutschland--Day 0

Got on the plane today. Kissed the lovely Ms. Mungowitz, hugged the younger younger Munger at the airport.

Arrived in Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Immovable Airport.

I have a middle seat, on a 767, can't change it. Plane is packed.

10 mins after pushback time, the pilot comes on. Announces we have to get off.

"There is a SUBSTANTIAL fuel leak...." (His emphasis).

We got off, rather spiritedly.

Now, after losing fuel, they are blowing smoke. "We'll get ANOTHER 767 for you, right away." Like they have a bunch of them, lined up like at the Hertz lot.

NEWWS FLASH: They claim to be boarding. Perhaps I'll still get out today. I'd much rather be lost in Germany than spend the night in some horrible Hotlanta airport hotel.

2 comments:

JMM said...

While I empathize with you...I could not help but think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

(at about 2:34)

Ms. Mungowitz said...

Thanks for that link JMM. Gave me a good laugh. Have never heard of that comedian. Just found out from old college roommate that he is playing near where she lives and might be going to see him.