Monday, March 30, 2009

World's Greatest Deliberative Body

Chuck Grassley plays the dozens on Kent Conrad:

Mr. Grassley: I’d like to suggest to the chairman that he might want to support this because, you remember, you asked me two years ago not to take a vote on it and you said if we did take a vote on it you might not get your budget resolution adopted. So I did not ask for a vote on it and you said it was a very statesmanlike thing for me to do at that particular time and so I would hope that you would return the favor.

Mr. Conrad: You know, I used to like you. Let me just say: Oh, you are good.

Mr. Grassley: Well, your wife said the same thing.


Note to Grassley: dude, did you have a colonoscopy earlier in the day or what?

1 comment:

Will Welch said...

Well, I guess we should at least be thankful that Grassley didn't suggest that Conrad's wife should commit suicide...