Monday, July 11, 2011

The Tripod: It Lives

Hadn't been to the tripod for quite a while. Top of mountain above Park City, Utah. Pretty darned high, as Jayme is thinking in this photo... Anna the Intrepid snapped these pix, and I am reproducing them here, with all proper respect to her. (Thanks, Anna!) This was taken April 23. But still deep snow on the snowcat trail, where it got packed down all winter. That's the famed David Schmidtz wearing the long pants, with me and the Bishop guarding the rear flank in case of a follow ambush.
Once we got up, the Bishop and I conferred on strategy. (it's 3k meters. "Can you breathe yet?" "Nope, you?" "Nope.")
The obligatory triumph at the tripod shot. That's Anna the photographer (except this shot, obviously) in the pink standing to my left.

Five seconds after this shot was taken, mocking my timid old man descent in three feet of snow, Anna fell flat on her boom-boom. Bicycle shorts and snow...yeehah!

The tripod is one of my very favorite places in the world. For those who got to share it this year...thanks!

No comments: