Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quality of Spam is Declining

Just got this email:

from: Pardo, Natalia
to: "info@helena.org"

date: Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM
subject: Hello {Contact me via email:mrs-helena011@hotmail.com}‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏
mailed-bymassey.ac.nz

I am Helena Ethan, a Christian. I have picked you for an inheritance of $8.4 million Dollar's. Please contact me for more details via this email: mrs-helena011@hotmail.com


These spammers today, I tell you. How lazy can you get? No Nigerian colonels, no secret lottery, nothing. And this bozo is from New Zealand. They speak English there (sort of). "$8.4 million Dollar's"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much the inheritance is worth? Might be worth an email.

FifthBeatle said...

I find the "a Christian" after the name really funny! LOL!

Dr. Tufte said...

But see ... it's $ dollars ... that's dollars-squared. It's kind of like acceleration.